Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 August 2010

I have no name for this blog blog

Rant Blog: [19/08/2010]

“I have no name for this blog” blog:

Just to start off by saying [about last week’s topic] to look at the comments section in last week’s blog, it shows you examples of why I feel so strongly about what I say. From things from St. George and his flag being “anti-Muslim” to “20 things you must know about Islam”. Interesting read I’m sure you’ll agree. Anyway, onto this week’s blog.


I’ll start off this week by talking about the level of goalkeeping that was on show in the opening weekend of the Premier League last weekend. The league kicked off with Tottenham vs Man City with Joe Hart having a game to remember it seems. I doubt he will have a better game than that, all sounds good for the new England number 1. Pulling off fantastic saves that even Pepe Reina would be proud of. Then we get to the games after that and we see a whole host of goalkeeping howlers that would make Robert Green’s mistake against the USA look like it was intended. Tim Howard gifted Blackburn a goal which will make America think twice about giving shit about howlers [No you never beat us you silly bastards, you drew 1-1, you never “won 1-1”, silly uneducated people, gotta love karma]. Then we get to Chris Kirkland and his comical [well the whole team was comical in all honesty] display and I still will never know how Blackpool’s 4th goal went in, a keeper being beaten at his near post like that needs to be shot.


The later 5:30 kick off between Chelsea and West Brom saw Scott Carson, who was once though of as England’s future number 1 keeper (remember that?) [other such keepers in this bracket included Richard Wright, Chris Kirkland and even Stuart Taylor a few years ago] have a day he will want to forget forever! Chelsea’s first goal, he fumbled with the ball like it was a hot piece of coal and the second goal [not all his fault] the wall broke apart and he was beaten at his near post.


Now I move onto the comedic Arsenal goal in which [if you haven’t saw it already] was quite funny but at the same time guttering as we was minutes away from starting off with a win in the league. There was a comment from a person, not someone I know, who claimed he should have been shot for what he done, but let’s not forget that, although this may be a biased opinion [but I’ll back it up soon], he is the best keeper in the world, if not then definitely one of them. You can say to me “oh but look at Iker Casillas, Gianluigi Buffon, Petr Cech, Edwin van der Sar, Shay Given, Jussi Jaaskelainen etc” but give me a choice of which keeper I would want to have in my team, I’d choose Pepe Reina any day of the year.


My point for saying why I choose Reina is this; Casillas is not the keeper everyone makes him out to be, he used to be, sure, but not now. Look at him in the World Cup, flapping around and costing his team goals [remember Spain 0-1 Switzerland?] and even his home town, Madrid, had a vote in who should play in goal and 97% said they prefer Pepe Reina. Also, look at Real Madrid’s team, no wonder he keeps so many clean sheets because the team is the best compared to the rest of the league [apart from Barcelona] due to the Spanish league being a poor league apart from the 2 major teams, Villarreal and Valencia are not as good as they once were.


Other keepers like Petr Cech, Buffon and co. well... Petr Cech has not been good in the slightest since he got that knock on his head [and still won’t take that Rugby cap off], Gianluigi is too old and not as good as he was in his prime... Shay Given is fantastic but I would still rate him second best to Reina. Joe Hart needs to improve his distribution to be in contention. Van der Sar is far too old to even think about. Any other keepers I may not have mentioned please name below on the comment section below.


Look at the amounts of times Reina has saved Liverpool’s arse, especially last season. Best penalty stopper in the world and was breaking Liverpool records when he came here and he only cost £7m [one of Rafa’s [few] great signings]. I’ll link something videos below to prove what I mean.


Gutted about my prediction last weekend [Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal] being wrong but I was majorly happy [as I said I would be last week] with the draw but gutted in the way we conceded the goal.

Moving on to a few games [for the Xbox 360 [and PS3 too]] with it being Gamescon week that I’d like to mention and recommend to people, starting with Gears of War 3 and the final piece in the Gears of War trilogy. The graphics look fantastic, a new game mode called Beast mode which looks fantastic and even female gears! The game is out in April 2011 on Xbox 360 only.


Another game I’m looking forward to [call me a fanboy if you wish] is Dragonball: Raging Blast 2. It includes 90 characters, new fighting arenas, 20 new characters from RB 1, 6 new characters that have never been on a DB game before and a newly animated 30 minute movie, previously called the “lost episode” as it’s never been dubbed in English before.


PES 2011 is another game I’m looking forward to as well. New licenses include the Copa Libertadores and the UEFA Super Cup, adding onto the already claimed licenses for the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. Anfield looks set to not be in the game, Liverpool FC have lost their license, but there is now no more limited saving space [preciously limited by PES save slot] and now only limited to the size of your hard drive. The Stadium Creator looks immense and I’m increasingly pleased [in a laughing way] at the extra content on the game, look at the latest trailer at the end for it [link below] to see what I mean. Move over FIFA, you’re still second best.


The last thing I have to say, really, now is how I think Liverpool will get on, starting with tonight [and the news that Ryan Babel starts up front, watch him roll the goals in!]. My predictions:

Liverpool 4-0 Trabzonspor

Man City 1-3 Liverpool


Yes I’m hopeful but I truly believe Roy Hodgson has made a huge difference now, just unfortunate that Joe Cole got himself sent off despite his tackle not being as bad as Jack Wilshire’s on Javier Mascherano and another tackle which I actually can’t remember now, I think it was Tomas Rosicky.


Links to things stated above:

Pepe Reina player of the year 2009/10 video [look back on his fantastic performance last season]:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/Features/Player-of-the-S-18859.php3


Reina’s best saves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl68kKFsFJU


Anymore on Pepe Reina, just YouTube him.


PES 2011 New trailer [well worth a watch!]:

http://www.moddingway.com/news/1873.html


That’s all for this week. Feel free to comment.

1 comment:

Milesy2010 said...

The "USA wins 1-1" thing relates to the headline on this paper:
http://images.newstatesman.com/new_york_post.jpg